Software stack for moving from Start-up to a Small to Medium Businessadmin
As an entrepreneur starting up, the last thing on your mind is a software stack to manage your business. Your focus is normally on building your product or MVP and testing it in the market for product-market fit. As you nail a niche and start getting paying customers your focus tends to shift to sales and recruiting a team. At this point you tend to see that some of the processes and tools which worked for you as start-up are no longer applicable. You now need to look for processes and tools which are scalable as you pursue growth. We have compiled a list of software tools per area which we believe are the best in the market for a growing business.
Sales software stack
Our sales process focuses a lot on outbound sales development to generate leads, to this efficiently we use the following tools.
- PersistIQ (https://persistiq.com/) – is the best tool to automate outbound sales development. It allows you to create targeted lists and run automated campaigns. With PersistIQ you can build in workflows to send out targeted e-mails with ability to automate follow up e-mails when you don’t get responses
- Salesforce for SME (https://www.salesforce.com/ ) – for our CRM we use Salesforce you get a lot for less. You can easily integrate Salesforce with PersistIQ and MS Outlook or Gmail)
Marketing software stack
- Hootsuite (https://hootsuite.com/) – This tool is still the best for Social Media marketing. It allows you to post to multiple platforms which saves a lot of time
- WordPress (https://wordpress.com/ ) – We use WordPress for our website and blog because of the unlimited plug-ins we can use to track traffic and behavior on our site
- Jovichat (https://www.jivochat.com/ ) – This tool is great for website chats which allows you to connect with potential customer. It also easily integrates to our WordPress website
People/Human Capital software stack
- iStratgo (https://www.istratgo.co.za/) – this tool takes care of all our people processes. It automates performance & talent management, leave & timesheets, people & customer surveys, expense claim management, training and personal development. It’s KPI dashboards also help us track our KPI’s at business, project and people levels.
Accounting and Payroll software stack
- Sage One (https://www.sageone.com/) – This tool takes care of the boring stuff accounting and payroll but hey we love getting paid.
Now please share with us your software stack you are using to manage your business.